If your GP is based in Mid Essex you may be referred to a Support Time and Recovery Worker for practical support.
If your GP surgery is based in Hertfordshire you may be referred to a team of specialist Employment Advisors (EAs) for support with retaining or entering employment.
Whilst receiving support from our service you may be referred to a STaR worker to help you identify practical concerns affecting your mental wellbeing. STaR workers provide information, guidance and practical support to enable people with mild to moderate mental health problems to access services, organisations and activities in their local community.
The STaR service is a short-term service designed to help support you with a range of issues that include:
- Employment support and volunteering
- Identify and signpost on to training and education
- Social isolation and loneliness
- Debt, money issues and budgeting
- Healthy lifestyle promotion
Your STaR worker will contact you to arrange your first appointment. During your appointment your STaR worker will listen to you, identify and support you and together you will agree a plan of action.
A STaR worker can support you to:
- Find social groups and activities in your local area
- Update your CV and improve your interview and job searching skills
- Look at training opportunities and further education
- Attend tribunals and meetings with solicitors, banks and the Job Centre Plus
- Accompany you to attend your first visit to a group or club
Within Hertfordshire we are able to refer eligible clients to a team of specialist Employment Advisors (EAs).
There is a recognition that there is a link between being in productive employment and improved health outcomes.
The Hertfordshire IAPT service can refer eligible clients to a team of specialist Employment Advisors (EA’s) to help with employment issues. The service is person-centred with the client’s needs paramount. The main focus of an EA is to provide practical advice and support to enable a client to gain employment, remain in employment or retain their employment.
For example, if you were receiving IAPT treatment for depression related to your work situation, an EA could support with this. They may set small, realistic employment goals to improve your mood and motivation helping with that work situation.
The overall objective is to address the emotional challenges related to your work situation through integrated psychological treatment and employment support.