If your GP is based in Mid Essex you may be referred to a Support Time and Recovery Worker for practical support.
If your GP surgery is based in Hertfordshire you may be referred to a team of specialist Employment Advisors (EAs) for support with retaining or entering employment.
Whilst receiving support from our service you may be referred to a STaR worker to help you identify practical concerns affecting your mental wellbeing. STaR workers provide information, guidance and practical support to enable people with mild to moderate mental health problems to access services, organisations and activities in their local community.
The STaR service is a short-term service designed to help support you with a range of issues that include:
- Employment support and volunteering
- Identify and signpost on to training and education
- Social isolation and loneliness
- Debt, money issues and budgeting
- Healthy lifestyle promotion
Your STaR worker will contact you to arrange your first appointment. During your appointment your STaR worker will listen to you, identify and support you and together you will agree a plan of action.
A STaR worker can support you to:
- Find social groups and activities in your local area
- Update your CV and improve your interview and job searching skills
- Look at training opportunities and further education
- Attend tribunals and meetings with solicitors, banks and the Job Centre Plus
- Accompany you to attend your first visit to a group or club
Within Hertfordshire we are able to refer eligible clients to a team of specialist Employment Advisors (EAs). The main focus of the Employment Advisor is to support clients whilst receiving support from our service by providing practical advice and interventions to help them retain or enter sustainable new employment.
The work of the EAs recognises there is a link between being in work and improved health outcomes. For example, if you were receiving IAPT treatment for depression related to your work situation, an EA could support this work by helping you set small, realistic employment goals to improve mood and motivation. The overall objective is to address the emotional challenges of continuing in, starting, or resuming work through integrated psychological treatment and employment support.