Mindfulness is the awareness that emerges through paying attention on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally, to things as they are. Mindfulness practice helps us to live more fully in the present moment. It helps us to see more clearly how our mind works.
Mindfulness helps us to relate to our thoughts and emotions in a new way which can lead to a life lived more fully in the present. We can learn through mindfulness ways of being more patient and kind with ourselves.
Regular mindfulness practice can reduce the impact of stress, reduce chronic pain, improve sleep, reduce blood pressure, improve physical health and control over negative emotions like anxiety and depression.
The webinar presents ideas of how to reconnect with your true self, and how to honour this self in your daily actions.
Key topics covered:
- Finding meaning through values: values are our hearts deepest desires. Choosing actions to reflect our values helps us to live a life filled with meaning.
- Your true self: acknowledging how we fit into our social and cultural contexts, and how to navigate through these contexts while staying true to ourselves.
- The choice point: we can choose whether to act in ways which are in the ‘towards’ direction of our values, or ‘away’ from them.
- Finding your values exercise: an introspective exercise formed to aid your discovery of your heart’s deepest desires
- ‘3 minutes breathing space’ mindfulness exercise: practicing our mindful breath.